Channel 4 News claims to have seen Greater Manchester Police’s report into the case made by West Yorkshire Police against Danny Major. In a segment that you can watch on catch-up by clicking here*, Channel 4 say that Danny Major is effectively exonerated by the report’s contents.
The report backs up many of the claims that Danny and his supporters have been making themselves:
- That the case was stacked against him from the start
- Important witnesses were not interviewed
- The gathering of forensic evidence was “incomplete and one-sided”
- A key prosecution witness’s evidence was “inaccurate and unreliable”
To find out more about Danny’s case, click on the tag with his below.
* You can also watching by going to http://www.channel4.com/news/catch-up/display/playlistref/290116 and selecting the report titled “Polce trial witness did not tell the truth”